- (2019). Stuck exchange: Can cash transfers push smallholders out of autarky? The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
- The Transfer Project. (2019). Beyond internal validity: Towards a broader understanding of credibility in development policy research. World Development, 127.
- Hall B, Garabiles M, de Hoop J, Prencipe L, Pereira A, & Palermo T. (2019). Perspectives of adolescent and young adults on poverty related stressors: A qualitative study in Ghana, Malawi, and Tanzania. BMJ Open, 9(10).
- Palermo T, Valli E, Angeles G, Barrington C, Adamba C, & Spadafora T, On Behalf of the LEAP 1000 Evaluation Team. (2019). Impacts of a social protection program paired with fee waivers on enrolment in Ghana’s National Health Insurance Scheme. BMJ Open, 9(11).
- de Hoop J, Groppo V, Handa S, on behalf of the Malawi Social Cash Transfer Program and the Zambia Multiple Category Targeted Program study teams (2019). Cash Transfers, Microentrepreneurial Activity, and Child Work: Evidence from Malawi and Zambia. The World Bank Economic Review, lhz004, https://doi.org/10.1093/wber/lhz004
- Sabates-Wheeler R, Wilmink N, Abdulai AG, deGroot R, & Spadafpra T. (2019). Linking Social Rights to Active Citizenship for the Most Vulnerable: the Role of Rights and Accountability in the 'Making' and 'Shaping' of Social Protection. The European Journal of Development Research, 1-23. https://doi.org/10.1057/s41287-019-00223-5
- Lawlor, K., Handa, S., Davis, B., & Seidenfeld, D. (n.d.). Poverty-environment relationships under market heterogeneity: Cash transfers and rural livelihoods in Zambia. Environment and Development Economics, 1-24. doi:10.1017/S1355770X19000305
- Mueller V, Gray C, Handa S, & Seidenfeld D. (2019). Do social protection programs foster short-term and long-term migration adaptation strategies? Environment and Development Economics, 1-24.
- Sebastian A, la O Campos A. P, Daidone S, Pace N, Davis B, Niang O. and Pellerano L. (2019). Cash Transfers and Gender Differentials in Child Schooling and Labor: Evidence from the Lesotho Child Grants Programme. Population and Development Review.
- Daidone S, Davis B, Handa S, Winters P. (2019) The Household and Individual-Level Productive Impacts of Cash Transfer Programs in Sub-Saharan Africa. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, aay113, https://doi.org/10.1093/ajae/aay113
- Prifti E, Daidone S, Pace N and Davis B. (2019) Unconditional cash transfers, risk attitudes and modern inputs demand. Applied Econometrics, vol. 53, pages 100-118.
- Angeles G, de Hoop J, Handa S, Kilburn K, Milazzo A & Peterman A on behalf of the Malawi Cash Transfer Evaluation Team (2019). "Government of Malawi's Unconditional Cash Transfer Improves Youth Mental Health." Social Science & Medicine (in press)
- Handa S, Seidenfeld D, and Tembo G, The Impact of a Large Scale Poverty Targeted Cash Transfer Program on Inter-temporal Choice, Economic Development and Cultural Change 0, no. ja (-Not available-): -. https://doi.org/10.1086/702997
- Prifti E, Daidone S and Davis B. (2019). Causal pathways of the productive impacts of cash transfer: Experimental evidence from Lesotho. World Development, 115: 258-268.
Working & Position Papers
- Chakrarbarti A, Handa S, Natali L, Seidenfeld D, Tembo G. (2019). Cash Transfers & Child Nutrition in Zambia. Innocenti Working Papers no. 2019-01, UNICEF Office of Research - Innocenti, Florence.
- Carraro A and Ferrone L. (2019). Feed Thy Neighbour: how Social Ties shape Spillover Effects of Cash Transfers on Food Security and Nutrition. Working Paper N.21/2019, DISEI, Universit`a degli Studi di Firenze.